- News / Press Release - NEWS AND MEDIA
Elior responds to current trends with new mindful eating options for this Spring/Summer
Elior’s development team has introduced the next step in personalised salads the‘Build & Go’ salad pot concept and ‘Spring into Summer’ vegan mains, responding to current trends of customised meals and the rise of vegan and plant-based dishes.
Rachel McEntee Senior Offer Development Manager at Elior said: “Our fresh new summer range reflects the fact that more and more customers are considering mindful eating, which means eating well for the environment and the body, understanding provenance and focusing on maintaining a sustainable lifestyle. Our new vegan mains have been designed to nourish the body and mind, influenced by flavours and sustainable ingredients from around the world.
“Our Grab & Go range allows customers to build salads in different phases – with different options for leafy greens, grains, protein, vegetables and dressings. Goodbye boring salads – there's enough combinations for a different salad for a whole month !”
Elior’s Spring/Summer Elements range
‘Build & Go’ salad pots
• Leafy components include: Rocket, Kale & Red Chard Leaf Mix
• Grains include: Green Wheat Freekeh & Whole-meal Couscous
• Proteins include: Chipotle, Lime Charred Chicken & Pulled BBQ Jackfruit
• Vegetables include: Cucumber Lime & Mint Spaghetti & Smoked Chili Roasted Corn
• Dressings and flourishes include: Grapefruit & Balsamic Dressing & Omega seed mix
'Spring into Summer’ vegan mains
• Brazilian black bean stew with raw corn salsa
• Sri-Lankan style tofu, okra and black-eyed bean curry with rice noodles
• dhal with tamarind-glazed aubergine and coconut dumplings
• warm vegan ‘cobb’ salad
• seitan and aubergine keema with green peas and wholemeal rice
• sticky ‘Sesame’ tofu cubes, garlic and ginger fried broccoli and zingy oriental vegetable slaw
• coriander falafel hash with fattoush salad and pomegranate molasses
• jackfruit and sweet potato chilli with black turtle beans and vegan sour ‘cream’
Elior will introduce these health-oriented new dishes across its sites in the education, B&I and hospitality sectors.