- Press Release - NEWS AND MEDIA
Elior UK wins CSR Award at FSM Awards
Elior UK received the sought after FSM Award for corporate social responsibility last night. Judges were impressed by the leading contract caterer’s recent CSR initiatives, including having reduced its carbon footprint by 59% since 2009.
Carl Morris, Elior’s director of marketing and communications, said: “Here at Elior we place CSR at the heart of our business strategy. It’s not just a tick in the box exercise, it runs right across the organisation. CSR matters to all our people and we’re thrilled to have had our efforts recognised by the FSM Awards.”
Elior’s approach to sustainable business in the UK has seen the contract caterer implement more than forty CSR initiatives across the organisation.
Recent initiatives have produced some incredible results, including:
- 211,402kg of saved by converting waste cooking oil to sustainable biofuel
- 100,235 hours of training for Elior colleagues provided
- 21% increase in new apprentices
- Named a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer
- Twice named a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Big Company to Work For
- Gold Food For Life Catering Mark achieved at several Elior sites (guaranteeingnutrition, animal welfare, the environment and employee well-being have been considered)
The annual FSM Awards recognise contract caterers who have made an outstanding contribution to the industry.