- DH3 3QR
- Venue Director
The venue is famous for both international and domestic cricket, along with a busy conference and events business. This adaptable setting has a capacity to hold up to 15,000 people for cricket, 20,000 for concerts, and up to 1,200 people in corporate hospitality.
Last year the venue held matches for the ICC cricket world cup and 2020 sees a full domestic cricket calendar alongside a series of concerts including performances by Little Mix, Westlife and Michael Bublé.
This is an exciting time to join Durham Cricket and Riverside Events as we execute a five year investment strategy seeing the redevelopment of the Sticky Wicket Bar, new retail concepts and further plans for the development of a hotel and conference centre.
This is a strategic role which is accountable for building strong client relationships and identifying new opportunities to support the growth of the business whilst ensuring both Client and Company objectives and exemplary standards are met.
As the Venue Director you will be accountable for the following:
• Strategic planning and management of the delivery of all business to business commercial income, proactively identifying new, innovative revenue streams, growing the overall bottom line of Riverside Events
• Delivery of sustained growth and net operating profits through the creation and implementation of the strategy in-line with the business plan
• To work with the Durham Cricket board to deliver the future venue masterplan and revenue growth across the site
• Leading and developing a highly engaged commercial and hospitality team to deliver innovative solutions and excellence in customer experience
• Managing third party stakeholders across the site to ensure they uphold the organisations values and deliver expectations
• Ensuring legal and company compliance within strategic area of responsibility
• Building and pro-actively maintaining relationships with our organisations clients to exceed expectations and sustain the competitive advantage both on the worldwide stage and within the local community by shaping and driving the venue strategy
• Overseeing recruitment, training and development of the commercial & hospitality management team in order to deliver an efficient, high quality, financially beneficial value proposition in line with company practice
We are looking for the following skills and experience in our applicants.
• As a proven, successful leader you will have the ability to inspire people to reach exemplary standards and outstanding performance
• You will hold exemplary interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator across all levels with proven experience of successful client relationships
• Adept at budgeting and forecasting, you will have experience of managing large venues requiring a high level of commercial knowledge and the ability to drive commercial results
Remuneration & Package
As experience in running high performing businesses is of the essence, the salary offering made to the successful candidate will be reflective of what you're currently earning plus what you can bring to our business in terms of skills, experience and knowledge. We are happy to discuss this with you in the initial stages of the interview process.
You will also receive:
• Private medical insurance
• Annual performance related bonus - 10%
• Company pension scheme
• 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (increase after length of service). Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.