Sous Chef - Relief Team
- EC2V 6JP
- Sous Chef - Relief Team
- Fixed-term contract
Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
- To produce and present consistent high standards of food
- To understand the business needs and requirements
- To deputise in the absence of the head chef or executive chef to ensure that standards are maintained to the highest level
- To assist maintaining all legal health, hygiene and safety records
- Ensure the highest standard of cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen
- Assist the development of the kitchen staff
- Input of new ideas and food styles to assist in maintaining customer satisfaction
- To carry out all reasonable tasks expected by management
- Ensure that team building is effective to meet site and company requirements
- To communicate with the team and to ensure they all understand the parameters of the business through the head chef objectives
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training and development courses
- Liaise with head chef or executive chef to ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and to the correct timescales
- Ensure that kitchen staff are aware of the standard required
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Relief Chef include:
- Effective Communicator; Verbal (Speech) and Non-Verbal (Listening), Team Worker, Team Builder, Persuasiveness, Flexibility
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to multitask
- Able to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- An outgoing personality
- A good level of attention to detail
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £14.38 per hour
This role comes with an Employee Assistance Programme, a great cycle to work scheme, workplace pension, life Assurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, great benefits for you and your family and day off for your birthday!
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work. Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.