- NW1 6AA
- Sous Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
- Maintain and achieve catering budgeted targets and costs as stipulated by head chef
and the management team
- To ensure all daily tasks are carried out to a highest standard
- To assist with the management of the whole kitchen team on a daily basis, and to deputise for head chef in their absence
- To assist with ordering, costing, recipes and stocktaking on daily basis
- To ensure that all casuals working under your supervision follow the standards
expected within BNP Paribas and by Lexington
- To ensure accurate weekly stock take is carried out and completed in the correct time
- Ensure cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to and signed as and where required
- To ensure the accurate recording of all temperature requirements are documented
correctly, raising any concerns immediately
- To ensure all allergen information are documented correctly and are available to view when required
- Report any problems that occur with regards to Health & Safety, temperatures,
cleanliness and other general issues to the correct departments, bringing to
- To ensure that complaints are handled quickly and efficiently and brought are to the attention of the management at the earliest opportunity
- To report any malfunctions of equipment to the management and with maintenance team
- To take a proactive and professional approach to the business as a whole and to actively promote Lexington to our customers and clients
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by a member of management
- Ensure that you and the kitchen team maintain high standards of appearance, personal hygiene, keeping uniform in good repair
- Report and take necessary action for any incident of injury, fire, theft, loss, damage and unfit food to management
- Ensure that the email and telephone use policy is fully adhered to at all times
- To complete any company bookwork to the highest level of accuracy
- To supervise the accurate completion of the laundry as per specification
- To liaise with all clients and customers in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- To produce and present food alone and in conjunction with the kitchen team, maximising customer appeal, and where possible exceeding expectation
- To ensure all food produced within Hospitality kitchen is checked for temperature, taste and appearance as per the standards expected within BNP Paribas and by Lexington
- Conduct the purchase, storage and security of food in line with company procedures
- Maintain regular communication with the kitchen team
- Maintain the hygiene of the kitchen areas; check all surfaces are left clean using the appropriate cleaning materials
- Assist Executive Chef and Head Chef with menu compilation and costing as required.
- To ensure all food items are labelled and
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Cook include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience essential
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £33000 per annum
This role comes with an Employee Assistance Programme, a great cycle to work scheme, workplace pension, life Assurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, great benefits for you and your family and day off for your birthday!
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work. Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.