- Kingston Upon Thames KT1 1LQ
- Sous Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Sous Chef -
- Genuine interest in customer culinary experience
- Eye for detail
- Desire to lead a passionate team & set the standards.
- Plan & deliver high standard food across the site
- A great team player
- Excellent time management & team management is essential.
- Sous Chef experience desirable or a strong Junior Sous chef/ Senior Chef de partie stepping into a 1st time Sous Chef role will be considered too
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £26,500.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays).
You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.