- Cardiff, CF5 6XB
- Sous Chef
Are you warm, friendly and genuine? Do you enjoy working with customers? We've an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This exciting opportunity as a Sous Chef is based at St Fagans National History Museum. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of professionals and reporting into the Head Chef.
We are a diverse operation which includes a day to day café and restaurant offer, castle weddings to large high-end events for 400 guests! 2 days are never the same and you won't have a chance to get bored!
Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
As Sous Chef for Elior you will
• Support proactive management and development of the kitchen team in order to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, Customer and Client.
• Prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
• Support management with internal and external communications, effectively communicating relevant information to the kitchen team.
• Responsible for supporting the 'Elior eXperience' communication and for embedding the standards within the team, supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Assist Management and deputise in innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets maintaining high standard of food presentation and ensuring portion and quality control.
• To support management in creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and innovative food.
• Ensure operational activities meet requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees."
• Assist Management and deputise in maintaining, ordering and control of food stocks within budget and using nominated suppliers.
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- A great background in food delivery including banqueting service and retail environments or the enthusiasm to learn!
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £24,000, per annum/pro rata, dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Within our concessions business we continously develop our offer and keep ahead of competition through innovative catering and hospitality offers. Our concessions sites aim to make every customer experience memorable. Away from the standard 9 til 5, these sites allow for flexibility and offer real opportunity for growth in a hospitality career.