- Macclesfield, SK11 6ET
- Senior Solicitor
This is a unique opportunity to work in a senior role as part of an established, friendly in house legal team, with processes and procedures fully embedded in the business, including a suite of precedent contracts.
This role is fairly autonomous (in terms of case load) with significant responsibility and it is very varied as it comprises both supporting the Purchasing team and Support Functions with their purchasing/procurement contracts, in addition to the supply of services contracts to Elior UK's impressive portfolio of diverse clients.
The Operational divisions you will support comprise Stadia, Business & Industry and Concessions. The Support Functions you will support comprise Purchasing, HR (but on commercial contracts, not employment), Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing, Safety & Wellbeing and Pensions. There will also be elements of regulatory and compliance work including IP, GDPR, Bribery and Corruption, Modern Slavery and Allergens all working within a legal team with support and supervision from the Legal and Compliance Director.
Your key responsibilities as Senior Solicitor will be to manage a caseload of contracts to include complex drafting and negotiation with external suppliers and clients, ensure regulatory compliance in key areas, support in developing training resources for an online portal on GDPR, Bribery and Corruption and other key legislative developments impacting our business, whilst working alongside internal clients with diverse skills and varying backgrounds.
Specifically, the Senior Solicitor will:
• Support and where necessary deputise for the Legal and Compliance Director;
• Be responsible for their own portfolio of Services Agreements in the Stadia, Business & Industry and Concessions divisions;
• Be the key contact and legal advisor to the Purchasing team and support functions comprising HR, Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing, Safety & Wellbeing and Pensions;
• Ensure Elior UK has viable contracts that are legally robust and in line with policies and procedures;
• Foster a culture of trust and confidence with our internal and external clients;
• Be accountable for ensuring all contracts are in place prior to supply of goods/commencement of services, or renewed and extended on time and identify when contract variation is necessary;
• Lead the negotiation and re-negotiation process in relation to client contracts and involve the Sales, Mobilisation, Operations, Finance, HR and Pensions teams in those negotiations;
• Be responsible for supporting the Legal and Compliance Director in ensuring Elior UK is compliant with its legal obligations and in analysing legal trends and changes in legislation;
• Supervise and support the trainee solicitor and paralegals in team as needed;
• Refresh training and deliver on line training material in relation to regulatory issues/ legislation and compliance, including in relation to Bribery & Corruption and GDPR.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for include:
6+ years PQE
Experience in a well-known/national law firm and some in house experience in a large corporate business. It would be ideal if the candidate has some experience of the contract catering industry.
Proven experience of strong drafting and negotiation skills and ability to work on a sizeable caseload with requisite organisational skills.
The ideal candidate will be committed, driven, able to work autonomously as well as part of a team and with lots of initiative.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary commensurate with the level of experience, plus a 15% bonus eligibility.
This role also comes with immediate family healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.