Senior Digital Product Manager
- Cheapside EC2V 6JP
- Senior Digital Product Manager
Your key responsibilities as the Senior Digital Product Manager
will consist of:
- Management of the digital applications team and digital optimization team
• Measure performance in sales, profit and service levels, benchmarking recognised industry standards
• Develop and monitor financial KPIs on a weekly basis that can be used at all levels within the organisation to drive sales and profitability and manage performance against budget and targets
• Delivery of sales and profit growth through optimizing user experience by leveraging data analytics
• Monitor competitor activity on a monthly basis and incorporate opportunities into digital strategy
• Optimise data captured through digital channels to inform other business areas
• Delivery of a robust marketing strategy to increase customer penetration, ensure attrition and drive incidence
• Management of key operational, marketing, finance and IT stakeholders
• Form a strong working relationship with the relevant App provider to leverage the Elior priorities within their business
• Ensure all required data is flowing from StarChef system into the various digital applications
• Create streamlined process to ensure that a scalable structure is in place to implement a uniform user experience across all sites
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the Senior Digital Product Manager include:
- Experience managing third party app and developing functionality with partner
• Proven track record of penetration and ATV growth through digital channels
• Degree educated minimum 2:1 level
• Team player
• Excellent presentation skills – written and verbal
• Superb influencing skills at all levels
• Ability to manage complex team dynamics
• Professional and pragmatic
• Proven computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven track record in delivery of sales
• Experience of working in fast & changing & reactive markets
• People management
• Knowledge of strategy development and activation
• Understanding of customer communications tactics
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks with good prioritization skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving mentality strong attention to detail and quality
• Flexible and adaptable in style and approach
• Strong commercial awareness
• Confident and influential with customers and colleagues
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £60,000 plus 15% bonus potential subject to individual and Company KPI.
This role also comes with car/car allowance, family healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.