- York, YO24 3HX
- Second Chef
Our catering operation at Southbank accommodates 80 residents and is a full service offering of breakfast, lunch and evening snacks so our key working hours will be 07.00am to 15.00pm. We can offer flexible working to the successful candidate to suit a variety of lifestyles so if you have commitments that are fixed, please speak to us at interview as we are happy to work with you to work around them.
Your key responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Ensuring full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensuring thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Being responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensuring all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensuring that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Second Chef/Cook include:
- A Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- previous Catering experience with knowledge in different food styles and cuisines
- Passion for food
- some experience of ordering and stock taking would be ideal but we can train you on this so don't let it stop you from applying.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £9.50 per hour.
We can offer a flexible approach within reason as to how you work for 30 hours so please come and speak to us about this at interview.
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays).
You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.