Retail Catering Manager
- Edinburgh, EH12 5PH
- Retail Catering Manager
The duties for our future Retail Manager include:
• Be responsible for high volume transactions based around events such as National/International rugby matches and high-profile concerts acts
• Possess a great customer service focus and be committed to delivering excellence with a fast-paced dynamic team
• Manage and be accountable for all managers in areas of responsibility
• Proactive management of the team for an area of responsibility
• Responsible for supporting the “Elior eXperience” communication and for embedding the standards within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal relationships, management reporting and client liaison to support the delivery of operational excellence
• Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
• Responsible for ensuring that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
• To manage and support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures
• Instils a culture of achievement, results and continuous improvement
• Builds internal relationships to enable the delivery of service offered
• Ensuring staff are correctly uniformed to company standards
• Ensuring all services are provided at the appropriate time as detailed in daily schedule and function sheets
• Carrying out health and safety briefs with staff members and ensure documentation is signed and allocating tasks to staff on duty
• Ensuring staff carry out tasks to required standard
• Making management aware of any compliments/complaints and record in duty manager's log
• Observing all company policies on security and Health and Safety
• Monitoring standards of cleanliness of hospitality areas throughout the stadium on a regular basis, reporting unsatisfactory matters as appropriate
• To create and lead a team environment that promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the stadium
• Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of bar bills and cashing up of tills
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from our future Retail Manager include:
• Proven working managerial experience for at least 2 years at high volume capacity events in a sporting venue
• Strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintenance of a professional image at all times
• An ability to advise others in a specialist area of expertise
• Commercial knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and effective cost control management
• Balances a structured approach, resilience, and problem-solving skills with the ability to flex and adapt as required
• Strong problem-solving skills and not fazed by unforeseen challenges
• Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
• High standards of food and beverage presentation and portion control/quality
• Taking the initiative: confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others
• Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to its conclusion
• Inspirational leadership, whilst being a team player
• An outstanding eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• A strong background in event delivery
• Confident in the use of technology, including Word and Excel
• A high standard of English literacy (spoken & written)
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £28,000 per annum
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays).
You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.