Regional Support & Development Chef
- Huntingdon, PE29
- Regional Support & Development Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Regional Support and Development Chef will consist of:
- Driving business standards & supporting local teams in the area
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control, culinary excellence improving merchandising, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating results within the chef teams.
- Key role objective #1 – own the Regional GP both cash and %
- Develop training and support materials to drive compliance to Octopus or other agreed initiatives
- Proactively identify problem sites and work with Operations and other functions to improve financial and operational performance
- Helps to develop new concepts and solutions
- Support Operations Managers develop Management within area of responsibility to ensure proactive management of Chef Teams on site. Assist where appropriate recruitment of high caliber site managers, developing them and driving them to ensure the following activities are done with excellence: site succession planning, recruitment, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client
- Key role objective #2 - To support Business with Reactive Operational Issues
- Respond to site specific information and work with on-site teams to address issues
- Take on food-related projects and manage to cross functional food initiatives
- Provide a collaborative approach for client group and wider stakeholders by working with Marketing & Promotions Managers and Exec Chefs to provide effective and innovative ongoing solutions in line with the annual marketing calendar.
- Maintenance of up-to-date customer and competitor awareness in order to identify areas of new opportunity and consistently provide market-leading solutions.
- Working with senior operations teams to drive food innovation for specific projects within client division at high value and high priority sites
- Key role objective #3 – Manage the Setting Up and Ongoing Development of the region's Chefs
- Work with the region's chefs to build skill levels and drive quality through on job coaching and training sessions
- Liaise with Menu Development Chefs and other parts of the business and chef's forum.
- Encourage entry into competitions – internal and external
- Encourage promotion of ‘Undeniably famous for Food' initiatives
- Own the talent map of Regional chefs – succession planning for key sites and the identification of existing/upcoming talent
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Regional Support and Development Chef include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- Proven leadership ability
- Proactive and ‘hands on' approach
- Catering experience essential with chef skills
- Preferably in a similar role but not essential
- Contract catering is desirable
- Senior chef management experience essential
- Craft trained and have prior experience and knowledge of working within Schools
£30,000 per annum.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.