Regional Operations Manager
- WD17 1AD
- Regional Operations Manager
The is a full time position, based from home and covering Hertfordshire, Slough, North London and Greenwich.
Within this role, you will look after the catering operations for 30 plus schools of various difference sizes, so the ideal candidate for this role will need to have had previous experience within the education sector to understand the operational complexities that these sites may bring and be able to drive them forward with a fresh perspective and new ideas.
You will be responsible for the management of a team of 4 group managers so inspirational leadership qualities are a must with a strong drive to develop and coach them to give both them and their teams the skills they need to deliver the highest standards and services.
Finally, in order to be successful in your application for this role, we are looking for leaders with strong commercial instinct and financial knowledge in order to drive the Taylor shaw business forward.
Your key responsibilities as the Operations Manager will consist of:
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the sites, supporting the site managers and Service Champions as appropriate
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control, culinary excellence, improving merchandising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating results within the site teams to ensure area financial results are exceeded
- Oversee Site Management within area of responsibility to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Responsible for recruiting high calibre site managers, developing them and driving them to ensure the following activities are performed with excellence: site succession planning, recruitment, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison
- Responsible for proactively maintaining external relationships with clients to exceed expectations and retain business
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control throughout the area
- Plan, lead and deliver effective mobilisation/demobilisation of contracts, co-ordinating with relevant support functions
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Operations Manager include:
- Extensive Experience in contract catering, within a multi-site, management role
- Ability to demonstrate experience in leading, inspiring and motivating a large and diverse team
- Proven experience of working closely and successfully with clients
- Confidence in numbers and P&L management
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £55000.00 plus bonus and a company car.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.