- cb10 1rq
In this exciting role you will meet and greet customers in a friendly and professional manner, you will act as the public face of the business. At the same time, you will answer all calls, manage email inbox, manage the reception area and undertake administration support to housekeeping, sales, hospitality teams and the General Manager.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Perform a variety of administrative duties
• Respond to bookings, support, assist and advise clients with their needs
• Manage the booking system to effectively check availability, record enquiries, create bookings, and generate accurate client invoices
• Maintain the client database
• Take payments
• Convert incoming enquiries to confirmed business
• Respond daily to enquiries via email and telephone. Obtain relevant information regarding the enquiry, check availability and provide initial outline costs.
• Create and email clients in response to enquiries
• Answer the phone, direct calls and relay messages
• Co-ordinate the office facilities e.g. stationery supplies, photocopier, catering menus and signage
• Greet all callers/visitors in a professional and friendly manner
• To promote a professional, pro-active and positive image of the company at all times
• Produce daily finance reports
• Perform cash banking
• Produce weekly maintenance reports
We look for the following:
• Knowledge and previous application of a conference booking system
• Excellent communication, written and oral
• Ability to develop good working relationships with people at all levels
• Methodical and well organised approach to work
• Highly organised in administrative functions, with close attention to detail and accuracy
• Multi-tasking skills
• Self-motivated and responsible
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Must be able to work as part of a team within a defined organisational structure
• Must be able to work flexible hours as reception is sometimes open until 10pm.
• Good knowledge of MS office applications ( especially Excel and Word )
• Willing and able to develop knowledge and understanding of the roles of key colleagues
• Effective and professional communication
• Excellent standard of communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent IT skills
• Customer service orientation
• Attention to detail
• Excellent working in a team or alone
• Previous experience in a similar role essential
• Previous conference centre/hotel experience desirable but not essential
As part of your package, we are offering £9.23 per hour, working on a casual basis, free meals on duty, uniform provided and free parking.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.