- Cheapside, London
- Purchasing Co-ordinator
- Fixed-term contract
Your key responsibilities as the Purchasing Coordinator will consist of:
• Point of contact for Sales and Operations teams, to help understand and resolve purchasing questions and issues
• Responsible for maintaining the Purchasing best practice pages on the Elior Extranet to allow the business to better understand their supply chain and improve their performance
• Responsible for fulfilling key back office purchasing administration activities and supporting the optimisation of processes to deliver best value to the internal customers:
o Product and supplier “nomination” process
o Supplier complaint process
o Site mobilisation/ closure process
• Responsible for liaising with the “buyers” and communicating with suppliers to ensure contractual requirements are maintained:
o Contract status/end dates
o Code of Conduct
• Support communication to the business
o Purchasing bulletins
o Product recalls
• Support with relevant business projects as required
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Purchasing Coordinator include:
• Customer service/problem solving background
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical skills
• IT system aptitude, including intermediate to advanced Excel
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Team player with a flexible approach to work
• Proven experience of using own initiative
• Warm, friendly and genuine
Measures of success:
• Recognised and respected by sales and operations teams as a reliable purchasing contact
• Addresses all requirements appropriately and professionally and escalates to line manager for guidance if unsure
• Manages all incoming queries and requests effectively and in a timely manner
• Provides valuable suggestions on improving processes to deliver better value
• Recognised by purchasing as a key link to and influencer of the business
• Actively engages with the wider team by sharing best practice, feedback and ideas
• Ensures all forms of communication are accurate and appropriate to the target audience
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £27,000 per annum.
This role also comes with company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 31 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) - Inc to 33 after 2 completed years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 109,000 employees and 23,500 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.