- SK11 6ET
- Purchasing Accountant
The key focus role will be to work with the Procurement team in order to create and manage purchasing supplier agreements on a monthly basis, with continual process review to identify and deliver efficiency savings.
Your key responsibilities as the Purchasing Accountant will consist of:
• Create and manage purchasing supplier agreements on a monthly basis, with continual process review to identify and deliver efficiency savings.
• Attend / lead monthly buyer meetings to ensure knowledge of all deals and correctly reflect this within the accounts.
• Ensure that purchasing allocations are appropriately treated within the accounts each month within the deadlines agreed with Finance.
• Support Finance by identifying appropriate adjustments for supplier terms to be posted for all site estimates created through site returns systems.
• Ensure that stock adjustments for purchasing arrangements are managed on a monthly basis at a legal entity and RD level.
• Management of the Purchasing Finance Analyst to ensure supplier terms are tracked, validated, and managed appropriately.
• Complete full reporting for purchasing terms and variance analysis with full explanation of variance to budget/outlook by RD for each month.
• Support the forecast and budget processes to ensure that purchasing terms are included correctly.
• Complete relevant sections of the Purchasing Governance pack and provide support for Purchasing in the Governance meetings.
• Create price change / inflation validation files and maintain these each month, along with providing suitable reporting for the business.
• Support with relevant projects as required.
• Support with other ad hoc work as required.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Financial Accountant include:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a tactful diplomatic air
- IT literate with experience of advanced Excel.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- A person with energy, drive and bold in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience of team management.
- Experience of working in a procurement team would be beneficial.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £40000.00
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.