Pastry Chef De Partie
- London, EC2Y 5AU
- Pastry Chef De Partie
1. Maintain and achieve catering budgeted targets and costs as stipulated by the management team, executive chef
2. To ensure all daily tasks are carried out to a highest standard
3. Ensures high quality levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet for guest consumption
4. Demonstrates hands on approach to all bakery related products produced in Pastry Department ensuring quality, presentation and consistency standards meet company objectives
5. To assist with the management of the pastry kitchen on a daily basis, and to deputise for Pastry Chef in his absence, support executive chef when required
6. To ensure that all ordering is within set company parameters, using nominated suppliers
7. To ensure that all casuals working under your supervision follow the standards
expected within Schroders and by Elior / Lexington
8. To assist with weekly stock take carried out and completed in the correct time scale
9. Ensure cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to and signed as and where required
10. To ensure the accurate recording of all temperature requirements are documented
correctly, raising any concerns immediately
11. To ensure all allergen information are documented correctly and are available to view when required
12. Report any problems that occur with regards to Health & Safety, temperatures, cleanliness and other general issues to the correct departments, bringing to management's attention
13. To ensure that complaints are handled quickly and efficiently and brought are to the
attention of the management at the earliest opportunity
14. To report any malfunctions of equipment to the management and with maintenance team
15. To take a proactive and professional approach to the business as a whole and to actively promote Elior / Lexington to our customers and clients
16. To adhere to all company policies and procedures
17. To carry out any other reasonable request made by management, executive chef
18. Ensure that you maintain high standards of appearance, personal hygiene, keeping uniform in good repair
19. Report and take necessary action for any incident of injury, fire, theft, loss, damage
and unfit food to management
20. Ensure that the email and telephone use policy is fully adhered to at all times
21. To complete any company bookwork to the highest level of accuracy
22. To liaise with all clients and customers in a courteous and professional manner at all times
23. To produce and present food alone and in conjunction with the kitchen team, maximising customer appeal, and where possible exceeding expectation
24. To ensure all food produced within Pastry kitchen is checked for temperature, taste and appearance as per the standards expected within Schroders and by Elior / Lexington
25. Maintain the hygiene of the kitchen areas; check all surfaces are left clean using the appropriate cleaning materials
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from our future Chef de Partie include:
- Proven experience of working within a kitchen
- Excellent communication skills & a strong team player
- Outstanding time-keeping skills
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work. Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.