- Operations Manager
This role will predominately be based across a patch that spans from Bristol to Peterborough, where you will have full financial, commercial and operational responsibility for 14 sites.
We are looking for leaders with strong business acumen, and commercial insight to manage the expectations of our clients. You will also be responsible for the financials of each site in order to achieve the aspirations of the business. You will need to have strong experience in driving sales/revenues whilst remaining within budget and manage costs.
We are looking for Warm, Friendly and Genuine people to come into our business and develop our people. Succession planning is extremely important so we want people who can develop our leaders of the future. This is fundamental in order to be success in this business.
As the Operations Manager you will be:
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the sites, supporting the site managers and Service Champions as appropriate
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control, culinary excellence, improving merchandising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating results within the site teams to ensure area financial results are exceeded
- Oversee Site Management within area of responsibility to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Responsible for recruiting high calibre site managers, developing them and driving them to ensure the following activities are performed with excellence: site succession planning, recruitment, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison
- Responsible for proactively maintaining external relationships with clients to exceed expectations and retain business
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control throughout the area
- Plan, lead and deliver effective mobilisation/demobilisation of contracts, co-ordinating with relevant support functions
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Operations Manager include:
- Extensive Experience in contract catering, within a multi-site, management role
- Ability to demonstrate experience in leading, inspiring and motivating a large and diverse team
- Proven experience of working closely and successfully with clients
- Confidence in numbers and P&L management
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £45000.00 dependant on experience. As this is a regional role, you will also receive a company car.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.