- Guildford, Surrey, GU1
- Operations Manager
Your key responsibilities as the Operations Manager will consist of:
- Oversee site management within your area of responsibility to ensure the proactive management of our teams on site
- Full accountability for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the sites, supporting the site managers and Service Champions as appropriate
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control, culinary excellence, improving merchandising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating results within the site teams to ensure area financial results are exceeded
- Ensure all candidate attraction is to the highest calibre for site managers, developing and driving them to ensure the following activities are performed with excellence: site succession planning, recruitment, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high-quality service
- Ensure ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting, and client liaison
- Responsible for proactively maintaining external relationships with clients to exceed expectations, execute and understand their vision, and retain their business
- You will work with your Chef brigades and our chef development team to drive innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control throughout the area
- Plan, lead and deliver effective mobilisation / demobilisation of contracts, co-ordinating with relevant support functions as and when required
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Operations Manager include:
- Experience in contract catering within a multi-site, management role
- Ability to demonstrate experience in leading, inspiring and motivating a large and diverse team
- Proven experience of working closely and successfully with clients
- Confidence in numbers and P&L management
- A passion for creating nutritious and delicious food
- Kind and empathetic to our elderly clients
- Knowledge of operating sites within the Healthcare and Retirement sector is desirable but not essential
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £40,000 depending on experience, plus bonus which is payable on the achievement of KPI's.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.