- dartford, kent
- Operations Manager
This role is Home based but will be covering an area that spans between Dartford, Hive and Christchurch in Kent and will hold responsibility for 11 care homes that offer a full service throughout the day from 07.30am in the morning to 19.30pm in the evening and forms part of Caterplus business.
Your key responsibilities as the Operations Manager will consist of:
- Full Accountability for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the sites, supporting the site managers and Service Champions as appropriate
- Full Accountability for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control, culinary excellence, improving merchandising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating results within the site teams to ensure area financial results are exceeded
- Overseeing Site Management within your area of responsibility to ensure the proactive management of teams on site.
- you will ensure the all candidate attraction for sites is to the highest calibre site managers, developing them and driving them to ensure the following activities are performed with excellence: site succession planning, recruitment, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service
- Full Accountability for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison
- Full Responsibility for proactively maintaining external relationships with clients to exceed expectations and retain their business but also to execute and understand their vision.
- You will work with your Chef brigades and our chef development team to drive innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control throughout the area
- You will plan, lead and deliver effective mobilisation/demobilisation of contracts, co-ordinating with relevant support functions as an when required.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Operations Manager include:
- Extensive Experience in contract catering, within a multi-site, management role
- Knowledge of operating sites within the Health care and Retirement sector.
- An Ability to demonstrate experience in leading, inspiring and motivating a large and diverse team
- Proven experience of working closely and successfully with clients.
- Confidence in numbers and P&L management
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £45000.00 dependant on experience, plus bonus which is payable on the achievement of KPI's.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.