- Enfield, EN1
- Operations Director
Summary of Role
Lead the strategic development of the Education contract business within each area of responsibility. Reporting to the Managing Director of Taylor Shaw, this role is responsible for all aspects of the operational performance and contract delivery through a team of Operational, Group and Area Managers across the business. These roles will ensure the service offered by Taylor Shaw meets and continues to meet client, customers and parent needs.
The Operations Director will be required to develop and motivate their own team reporting to him/her and ensure that appraisals, training and succession plans are in place, compatible with strategy and growth plan.
As Operations Director for Education, and as part of the wider Elior group, you will be expected to:
• Contribute as part of the senior team to the strategic direction of the division and translate strategy into operational action plans to improve both operational and financial performance
• Fully understand the terms, conditions and standards of our existing contracts and ensure these are delivered by visiting every contract regularly and ‘experiencing; all aspects of the Company's service provision
• Maintain regular, close contact with the Client (and other key influencers), reviewing their needs and agreeing future short and long-term expectations
• Manage, motivate and develop all Managers, and key unit based staff. Communicate with them on a regular basis and plan forward activity
• Be aware of the challenges Operations/Group/Unit Managers may experience and assist them in arriving at acceptable and innovative solutions
• Hold monthly review meetings with direct reports to monitor business activity and financial performance, and anticipate future business requirements and demands on divisional resources. Plan to meet these demands
• Monitor financial information and forecasting, to ensure divisional performance targets are achieved
• Oversee management of debt and cash flow
• Liaise with Managing Director, Human Resources and Training departments to ensure that management potential is identified and suitable training provided
• Ensure that meaningful appraisals are undertaken each year for all unit/area management. Identify training needs and co-operate with the training department on releasing staff for courses
• Review site ‘Customer Journeys' and the services and taste the food. Action plans to be produced and reviewed at regional meetings for presentation at monthly accounts
• Encourage operations Team to involve unit staff in identifying any new business opportunities
• Assist the Sales Director and Business Development Team, as required, to obtain new business
• Monitor and ensure smooth opening of area contracts
• Organise and contribute towards all other regular and ad-hoc management meetings
• Carry out various tasks from time to time as specified by the Managing Director
• Attend and/or host client entertainment as required
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading their region with a team of operations managers across a combined contract size of up to 20 million turnover, covering the South of the Country. Demonstrating excellent people skills and a proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships is a must.
If you are interested in joining our senior education team as part of an expanding and forward-thinking education sector, we would love to hear from you!
DBS clearance will be required for this role.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary from £55,000 to £60,000, plus a 15% performance related bonus.
This role also comes with a company car, family healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 109,000 employees and 23,500 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.