Match Day Hospitality Manager
- Greater Manchester
- Match Day Hospitality Manager
Successful candidates will be required to manage a hospitality suite or area on a match day; including the management of the room supervisors and team leaders.
Room managers need to ensure that the suite operates smoothly and efficiently throughout service, while maintaining a high level of customer experience.
Management of these areas combines strategic planning, strong organisational skills, with a high level of initiative. You should be a committed natural leader with strong management skills; have the ability to build a rapport with clients and staff alike, whilst setting the standards to sustain effort to achieve exceptional customer service.
You also need to be able to develop a diverse team, by leading from the front; to act as a role model for the staff by showing a commercial awareness and a strong desire to succeed.
This is a “hands on” role and you must have the ability to work under pressure and make decisions.
Your key responsibilities as the Hospitality and Event Manager will consist of:
- Co-ordinate the entire operation of the area ensuring an efficient service of the highest standards
- Manage the food / drinks service team within a hospitality area with assistance from supervisor/team leader
- To deliver a concise effective brief to all members of staff in your area
- Look at ways to maximise sales wherever possible and ensure they are recorded accurately
- To install a culture of continuous improvement, coaching the team to consistently meet the correct standards
- Manage “On the Job” training, implementing it into your match day team and assist with team training and development of your area
- Practise good colleague and customer relations, encouraging your staff to work with other departments to ensure overall success
- Address all staffing and client issues as required
- To adhere to all health and safety standards, company rules, regulations and policies
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Hospitality and Event Manager include:
- Previous experience in a similar job role is highly desirable
- Polite, courteous and presentable always
- Customer driven with superb attention to detail
- Strong communication, inter personal and team working skills, with the ability to problem solve
Rate of pay is negotiable depending on skill level
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.