Management Accounts Assistant
- Macclesfield, SK11 6ET
- Management Accounts Assistant
Your key responsibilities as the Management Accounts Assistant will consist of:
- Portfolio of 100 site accounts, producing a P&L for each and ensuring contract terms are correctly reflected
- Processing accruals and prepayments as required each month end and ensuring site balance sheets are accurately stated and fully reconciled each month
- Account analysis and actual to budget variance commentary
- Periodic contract review of terms and comparison to accounting
- Ensure client invoices are accurate according to P&L information
- Liaise with operational staff to understand performance of units
- Provide financial support and assistance to the business where required
- Site visits to review/understand processes, where required
- Checking and monitoring site bookwork system for errors
- Scope for training sites on use of the site bookwork system
- Ad-hoc projects & analysis
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Management Accounts Assistant include:
- A passion for service, warm, friendly and genuine with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of accounting concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of VAT
- The ability to build and retain great working relationships across the business
- A proactive and innovative approach to initiate and support continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good level of Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- AAT qualified, working towards CIMA/ACCA
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £22,000 per annum.
This role also comes with company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 31 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) - Inc to 33 after 2 completed years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
Please note: we are currently working from home.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.