Legal and Compliance Director
- Macclesfield, SK11 6ET
- Legal and Compliance Director
As a head of function you will :
• Develop a legal strategy/framework that your team will embrace to reach its goal
• Communicate clear and accurate instructions to your team members
• Create and develop a continuous improvement mindset throughout your team
• Coach and assist the team
• Plan any training that your team requires
• Challenge processes to eliminate non-value added tasks
• Cultivate great working relationships across the business with operations, support functions, leadership, Group as well as external parties.
Key accountabilities will include
• Act as Company Secretary and deliver legal advice and legislative updates to the UK board
• Ensure Elior UK has viable contracts that are legally robust with protections and in line with policies and procedures
• Ensure Elior UK is compliant with its legal obligations; analysing legal trends and changes in legislation
• Manage a caseload of contracts to include complex drafting and negotiation with external clients in the Healthcare and Business and Industry (London) divisions and lead the negotiation and re-negotiation process in relation to client contracts and involve the Sales, Mobilisation, Operations, Finance, HR and Pensions teams in those negotiations
• Manage, mentor and support the team of 5 for delivery of activity within their parameters
• Update the Elior UK Policies annually and present the changes to the Leadership Team for sign off
• Be accountable for ensuring all contracts are in place prior to supply of goods/commencement of services, or renewed and extended on time and identify when contract variation is necessary
• Update the Elior Group Legal Director on material issues on a monthly basis and work with other legal functions across the Elior Group to maximise efficiencies and share best practice
• Manage any external lawyers in relation to outsourcing of litigation, property, pensions and manage the external spend in line with budget
• Provide advice and support in relation to any corporate acquisitions and act as project manager in relation to the external lawyers, due diligence and entire end to end process
• Work holistically across the Operations, Sales, Support Function teams in the business to pro-actively offer legal support and advice
• Drive legal requirements on corporate simplification
Risk and Compliance :-
• Ensure that policies in relation to Risk and Compliance, including in relation to Bribery and Corruption are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain in line with Group Elior's Integrity Policy
• Support Group Elior in the compilation of a Risk Mapping Matrix and implementation of corrective procedures to ensure full compliance in the areas of Bribery and Corruption
• Continue to ensure Level 1 compliance in ensuring that Policies and Procedures are in place
• Implement a process to ensure Level 2 compliance in relation to ensuring the business follow the Level 1 compliance
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from our future Head of Legal and Compliance include:
• Qualified solicitor with 12+ PQE
• Experience in a well-known law firm as well as in house experience in a large corporate
• Strong track record delivering and heading up a legal team with a balance of qualified solicitors and paralegals
• An experienced lawyer with proven experience of strong drafting and negotiation skills and ability to work to a sizeable caseload with requisite organisational skills
• Proven track record of delivering service in a fast-paced environment
• A natural curiosity for how things work end to end with a keen eye for detail
• A proactive and innovative approach to initiate continuous improvement and in working with new tools and technologies to enhance process
• Experience of working to tight deadlines (peak activity) and managing a high volume of contract changes in short deadlines
• Diligent and accurate with strong attention to detail
• Able to articulate /present complex legal drafting in a simple concise manner to non-legal personnel
• Passion for service, warm, friendly and genuine with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A talent for motivating and developing people
• A proactive and innovative approach to initiate and support continuous improvement
As part of your package, we are offering a very competitive salary which will be dependant on experience, plus a 20% bonus potential subject to individual and Company KPI.
*This role also includes a variety of excellent benefits including an attractive workplace pension, private family healthcare, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 34 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.*
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.