- Manchester, M7 2HT
- Lead Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Lead Chef will consist of:
- Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Lead Chef include:
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- Highly confident and positive
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering experience desirable
- Able to create and implement economically sustainable solutions.
- Creates a culture of results within a high-pressure environment through the creation of a strong sense of team spirit, instilling a hunger to be part of a winning team. Anticipates and takes advantage of internal and external factors.
- Commitment and dynamism with the courage to promote and foster independent decision, enabling individual and team growth by learning from mistakes.
- Exemplary role model. Delivering unequivocally delivering operational excellence.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary which is negotiable.
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.