- Killamarsh, S21 1AL
- Lead Chef
Do you enjoy the catering industry and have experience in successfully leading catering teams? Are you hands-on and enjoy being part of the service? We've a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Chef to join us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This exciting opportunity as a Lead Chef is based at The Lodge Care Home, Killamarsh. You will be joining an enthusiastic team and reporting into the Group Manager.
Your key responsibilities as the Lead Chef will consist of:
- Lead the colleagues to ensure proactive management of teams on site.
- Accountable for identifying recruiting needs, providing induction, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Motivating and managing a team
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring correct processing of colleagues, hours, holidays and sickness.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Engage with clients, customers and residents in line with Elior safeguarding policy.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in providing excellence service to the residents
- A strong team player
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- A desire to be warm, friendly and genuine to all colleagues, client and residents.
- Healthcare experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using HR, Ordering and Accounting systems desirable but not essential
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £16839.36 per annum/pro rata, dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, life assurance, colleague pension enrolment.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.