- Edinburgh, EH3 5DL
- Kitchen Porter
We are looking for a hardworking, friendly motivated Kitchen Porter.
We are a busy office restaurant and operate weekdays only, needing a KP over the core hours of 11am -16.30pm, three days a week (15 hrs/week). Ideally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, however this is negotiable. More hours are available to the right person to cover busy spells or holidays.
The job includes washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, and sweeping and mopping the floor. There is opportunity for a small customer facing role for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for:
• Ensuring high standards of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen and associated equipment, and completion of cleaning records sheet.
• Ensuring the kitchen area meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations and environmental policies.
• Collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation as required, in compliance with Elior UK food safety guidelines.
• Helping prepare and delivery hospitality on occasions
• Assisting with FOH service, serving customer and working the till, during busy periods of lunch for the right candidate
- Prior experience in working as a kitchen porter or similar cleaning role, is desirable but not essential: full training will be given
- Highest standards of cleaning and food hygiene and excellent attention to detail
- A great team player
- No previous experience of FOH-facing or till use is necessary
We are offering an hourly rate of £9.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2) and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.