- Edinburgh, EH3 5DL
- Kitchen Porter
Kitchen Porter (small customer service role)
Are you reliable and hard working? Do you take pride in your work and have a good attention to detail? Would you like to work as part of a small friendly team?
We have an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This opportunity is for a Kitchen Porter with a small front of house role in a large financial company's restaurant, based in the city center.
We are offering a permanent part-time contract of 15hr/week
As a Kitchen porter, with a small front of house role, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring high standards of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen and associated equipment, and completion of cleaning records sheet.
• Ensuring the kitchen area meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations and environmental policies.
• Collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation as required, in compliance with Elior UK food safety guidelines.
• Assisting with FOH service, serving customer and working the till, during busy periods of lunch
• Helping prepare and delivery hospitality on occasions
• Maintaining client and company confidentiality and security at all times.
• Ensuring that site records are maintained for the following areas: COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees.
- Prior experience in working as a kitchen porter, with a good understanding of what the job entails.
- Highest standards of cleaning and food hygiene
- A great team player
- No previous experience of FOH-facing or till use is necessary, however you must be friendly and confident serving and talking to customers
28 Holiday days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service and colleague pension enrolment
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.