- Cambridge, CB10 1RQ
- Kitchen Porter
Your key responsibilities as the Kitchen Porter will consist of:
• Ensure accurate records are maintained for specific procedures.
• Organise and maintain the clearing of all plates and cutlery during the day.
• Ensure the dining area is clean and tidy. This will include table talkers and promotion posters.
• Take joint responsibility for the cleanliness, H&S of self and colleagues and the professional look of the unit. Actively keep the site clean and tidy at all times.
• Be familiar with the operation of catering equipment and the correct cleaning procedures.
• Help out with basic food preparation when necessary.
• Foster a professional rapport with customers and the client.
• Attend staff meetings and undertake training as and when required.
• Maintain the security and integrity of the client's site.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Kitchen Porter include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
• Hold a knowledge of food production and cleaning specifications.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven experience of working on own initiative.
• Good team player with a positive “Can Do” attitude.
• Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to develop own skills.
• A commitment to strive for site and department excellence.
• Demonstrate an understanding for quality and show attention for detail.
• Able to deal with minor day to day problems.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £9.27 per hour on a 5/7 full time contract.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2) and 20 days holiday pro-rata (Bank Holidays are taken as annual leave) increasing to 23 days after 3 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.