- Wexham, SL3 6LU
- Kitchen Assistant
We are looking for a fantastic, energetic foodie who wants to work with an outstanding company in a great school. Although catering experience is great, your attitude and personality is what we are looking for, we want someone who cares about great service, great food and above all someone who really wants to in a part of a great team and company.
Summary of Role and Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Our Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Cook in preparing and serving primary aged school children with homemade, fresh foods in line with client requirements and Taylor Shaw standards. An agreed menu will be followed. Also responsible for clearing down kitchen with the team, at end of service, under the supervision of the Cook.
As General Assistant for Taylor Shaw you will be expected to:
• Ensure kitchen and food service area is clean, appropriately presented & stocked at all times
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and allergens. Training and guidance for this will come from your Cook / Supervisor as well as registered courses.
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures, to your Line Manager.
• Maintain client and Taylor Shaw confidentiality and security at all times
• Attend training sessions as and when requested, in line with company policy and procedure.
Previous experience working in a school kitchen environment is preferred, but not essential, as training will be given to a willing candidate who shows potential to learn.
Monday to Friday, 16 hours per week.
This is a term time only vacancy, plus 5 training days during holidays, throughout the year. You may also very occasionally be asked to assist on parent evenings, parent taster sessions and other events to promote the school meal service to parents. This is not part of your regular hours and would incur overtime.
£8.21 per hour
• Workplace pension scheme
• Recognition reward and awards
• Long Service awards
• Fantastic Career Development opportunities
• Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Taylor Shaw offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.