- Slough, SL2 5FF
- Kitchen Assistant
Our Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Cook in preparing and serving primary aged school children with homemade, fresh foods in line with client requirements and Taylor Shaw standards. An agreed menu will be followed. Also responsible for clearing down kitchen with the team, at end of service, under the supervision of the Cook.
As General Assistant for Taylor Shaw you will be expected to:
• Ensure kitchen and food service area is clean, appropriately presented & stocked at all times
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and allergens. Training and guidance for this will come from your Cook / Supervisor as well as registered courses.
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures, to your Line Manager.
• Maintain client and Taylor Shaw confidentiality and security at all times
• Attend training sessions as and when requested, in line with company policy and procedure.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Kitchen Assistant/Kitchen Porter include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
As part of your package, we are offering an hourly rate of £8.21
This role is term time only
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.