Hospitality Room Manager - Match Day Only
- Sunderland, SR5 1SU
- Hospitality Room Manager - Match Day Only
Match Day Hospitality Room Manager - Season 19/20
Elior at Sunderland AFC are looking to recruit hospitality room managers for the upcoming 19/20 season.
Successful candidates will be required to manage a hospitality suite or area on a match day; including the management of the room supervisors and team leaders.
Room managers need to ensure that the suite operates smoothly and efficiently throughout service, while maintaining a high level of customer experience.
Management of these areas combines strategic planning, strong organisational skills, with a high level of initiative. You should be a committed natural leader with strong man management skills; have the ability to build a rapport with clients and staff alike, whilst setting the standards to sustain effort to achieve exceptional customer service.
You also need to be able to develop a diverse team, by leading from the front; to act as a role model for the staff by showing a commercial awareness and a strong desire to succeed.
This is a “hands on” role and you must have the stamina and ability to work under pressure and make decision
Stadium of Light
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Previous experience in a similar job role is highly desirable
• Polite, courteous and presentable always.
• To manage the food / drinks service team within a hospitality area with assistance from supervisor/team leader
• Customer driven with superb attention to detail.
• Co-ordinate the entire operation of the area ensuring an efficient service of the highest standards.
• Direct, motivate, encourage and inspire your team to deliver the highest results.
• To deliver a concise effective brief to all members of staff in your area.
• Strong communication, inter personal and team working skills, with the ability to problem solve.
• Look at ways to maximise sales wherever possible and ensure they are recorded accurately.
• To install a culture of continuous improvement, coaching the team to consistently meet the correct standards.
• Manage “On the Job” training, implementing it into your match day team and assist with team training and development of your area
• Practise good colleague and customer relations, encouraging your staff to work with other departments to ensure overall success.
• Address all staffing and client issues as required
• To adhere to all health and safety standards, company rules, regulations and policies
• Have a full understanding of the menu and ensure your team has the answers to obvious queries
• Delegate necessary tasks to be completed and ensure they are done to the standards set.
• Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
• Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
• Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
• Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
• Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Rate of pay is negotiable depending on skill level
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offers a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.