Hospitality & Event Manager
- Portsmouth, PO1 3HL, UK
- Hospitality & Event Manager
Your key responsibilities as the Hospitality and Event Manager will consist of:
- Responding appropriately to incoming enquiries via phone and email and chasing to a conclusion
- Liaise with suppliers, prepare quotes, contracts and event proposals for events of all types, including internal and external
- Produce event planners (including catering, cost, staffing, invoicing details, itinerary, room set up)
- Actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities
- Develop events from proposal right up to delivery, including set, communicate and maintain project timelines and priorities
- Organise and run bars and food venues in fixed and mobile locations
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Hospitality and Event Manager include:
- Experience as an event manager preferred, bar management essential.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer service orientation
- Clean driving licence
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £25,000 per annum.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.