- Wimbledon, KT1 3PB
- Head Chef
While the magic on the pitch and the excitement of the new stadium will always be the star of the show, food and beverage is a major element of the overall customer experience. From the retail offer to fine dining hospitality, for us, that means delivering an experience that is not just world class, but one that is in total and seamless synergy with the Club - its ambition and everything it represents.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation and menu planning Head Chef. You will be ‘'the chief'' and maintain complete control of the kitchen. As a Head Chef, you're as close to a superhero as it gets in the kitchen. Everyone in the brigade, from kitchen porter to sous chef, looks to you for inspiration.
As Head Chef for Elior you will be expected to have:
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Modify and create new menus that meet quality standards
• Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high-quality service to Elior UK, our customer, and clients
• Estimates and forecasting food requirement and food and labour costs
• To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas during all stages of production and supply
• To have total accountability for day to day running of the kitchen service
• Stock rotation and use by dates to produce food are followed and food is produced so not to contribute to wastage
• To maintain all equipment's within the catering operation through due care and diligence as instructed
• To ensure operational areas are appropriately prepared for all the service and functions
• To identify the training needs for the kitchen team within line of responsibility including work methods, safety at work, health, hygiene and quality
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues
• Responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment
• Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required
• Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and always maintains a professional image
• Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize during busy periods
• Effective communication with guests and within the team whenever required
As Head Chef for Elior we look for:
• Proven working experience as a Head Chef
• Excellent record of kitchen management
• Passion and hunger for leading an exceptional hospitality experience, able to inspire the entire and varied team to deliver the best possible food, service, and standards
• Commercial knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and effective cost control management
• Balances a structured approach, resilience, and problem-solving skills with the ability to flex and adapt as required
• Previous experience of delivering large number of catering covers to deadline and within cost parameters
• Strong problem-solving skills and not fazed by unforeseen challenges
• Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
• Positive approach o menu planning and development of the catering service
We are offering a salary of £35,040 per annum.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, life assurance, colleague pension enrolment.
As General Manager, you are also eligible for Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers. There is the option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday. You can receive a range of discounts on EE Mobile Contracts, at Nissan Motors, AA breakdown cover and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We focus on our colleagues and hold Elior Annual Awards Events, recognition schemes every month plus training and career progression through the Academy and Apprenticeship qualifications.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.