- Kingston Upon Thames KT1 1LQ
- Kingston upon Thames
- Head Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef will consist of:
- Proactively managing and supporting the catering team
- Recruiting, training, supporting and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence
- Creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
- 2 to 3 years experience as Head chef desirable or a strong senior Sous Chef ready for next step
- Strong HACCP, COSHH & Food Safety Management essential.
- Food safety Level 3 certification desirable or Food safety Level 2 essential.
- Genuine interest in teamwork, team building & team management.
- Proven leadership ability
- Proactive and ‘hands on' approach
- Excellent time management
- Eyes to detail , high standard finishing catering experience essential
- Contract catering is desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £30,000.
This role also comes with the workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.