- EC3N 2AE
- Head Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef are to:
- To organise and provide a high quality of food production and catering services to company and client standards.
- Demonstrate creativity and ongoing innovation within all aspects of the food and service offering – Grab & Go, Hospitality, Fine Dining and Events.
- Maintain & achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington and the client requirements without compromising on the food offer.
- Establish and maintain health & safety and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceeding Lexington and client expectations.
- Lead by example and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
- Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due diligence.
- Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
- Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient, high quality, creative and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
- Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training & development courses and forums.
- Communicate and work with the General Manager to ensure all work is carried out efficiently and to the desired timeframes.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
- Experience in producing a high volume, yet creative and fresh, food offering.
- Up to date with current food trends and dining scene.
- Effective communicator: verbal, and non-verbal, team work, team builder, persuasive and flexible.
- Management skills - leadership, delegation, achievement orientated, motivated, staff development focus, analysis and problem solving, planning & organising, decisiveness & judgement.
- Ability to creative a motivated and fun working environment.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £35000 per annum
This role comes with an Employee Assistance Programme, a great cycle to work scheme, workplace pension, life Assurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, great benefits for you and your family and day off for your birthday!
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work. Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.