- Cannington, TA5
- Head Chef
This amazing role has arisen at one of our sites to be a very integral part of the management team. Working with a well-known client in our Business and Industry division. This is a very high class location, and centre of excellence, a busy site that demands exemplary service standards. With the emphasise being on the right team players delivering excellence every day.
Cannington, Bridgwater, Somerset
Summary of Role
Our Head Chef will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Head Chef for Elior you will be expected to:
• Proactive management of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
• Someone with previous Chef experience.
• Experience in a kitchen of a similar size.
• Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications.
• A very positive attitude that had a burning passion to get the job done.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.