- SW12 8NB
- General Manager
Nightingale retirement village is an independent charity which has been serving the Jewish community for over 175 years. The village is home to 160 full time residents who can enjoy a full food service offering which is served to their individual accommodations each day or they can enjoy the experience of dinning with family and friends at our on site coffee shop, There are also extensive gardens to enjoy, a nursery for extended family and a staff dinning area offers a selection of meals to the on site team.
Due to the nature of this operation we are seeking to speak to operators who are driven by the highest standards, are excellent in leading teams and have strong financial acumen in order to keep all operations running to budget.
Your key responsibilities as the General Manager will consist of:
- Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
we are interested in speaking to not only contract caterers, but also hoteliers with experience of running hotels with a strong food and beverage offering.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future General Manager include:
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A strong leader
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- A minimum of 4 year of experience within a management position.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £50,000
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.