- London, SE1
- General Manager
Elior UK have been awarded a 10 year contract to deliver retail catering to the Bart's Trust. Covering 5 hospital sites in London, Bart's trust has a truly unique feel, and offers an exciting and varied working environment.
Our General Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by overseeing the management of the catering & Retail teams and overseeing the kitchen team to deliver culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team to deliver innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
• Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
• Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
• Daily communication to all stakeholders and Elior senior management
As General Manager for Elior we look for:
• Experience in a similar role for the past 3 years
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Management of a team of 20 or more
• The ability to work under pressure and without instruction
• Food safety level 3
• Multi million Pound contract experience
• Experience with reporting to senior stake holders and management
Up to £40,000 plus performance related bonus
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring a fresh and different approach to food services for visitors and staff in some of the most reknowned hospitals. We focus on customers first, on their needs and circumstances and provide a retail experience distinguished by warmth of service, and customer empathy. Join the team and be part of a service that gives back to our community.