- Bristol, BS1 6TY
- General Manager
Your key responsibilities as the General Manager will consist of:
- Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future General Manager include:
- Proven experience of successful management of a team within a commercial environment and a busy events venue
- Genuine interest in setting and maintaining consistent, high levels of service excellence
- Significant experience with successfully managing financial performance and all associated key metrics within a hospitality environment
- Experience in Conferences & Events with strong commercial skills
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum, plus performance related bonus.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover (on completion of successful probation within 6 months of start date), a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 33 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Within our concessions business we continuously develop our offer and keep ahead of competition through innovative catering and hospitality offers. Our concessions sites aim to make every customer experience memorable. Away from the standard 9 till 5, these sites allow for flexibility and offer real opportunity for growth in a hospitality career.