General Catering Manager
- Bedford, MK41 7PH
- General Catering Manager
At Elior, we take pride ourselves in providing an excellent, high quality service to our clients and customers. We believe that to provide an excellent service, our colleagues need to be happy at work. In a recent survey that we conducted, 89% of people enjoy doing their job each day!
A new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, innovative and forward-thinking General Manager to join our team, to continue to deliver the requirements and exceed expectations for a well-known client in our business and industry `
As a General Catering Manager for Elior you will be expected:
- Proactive management of the 42 members of the catering team, with 2 direct reports. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison.
- Bring new and innovative ideas to exceed client expectations.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
- Monitor trends within the industry
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from our future General Catering Manager include:
- Have proven experience working in a customer and catering environment, specifically within a management role
- Comfortable and confident speaking with people at all levels
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong leadership skills
- Ideally you will experience of managing and working with multiple outlets
- Hospitality sector experience is essential
- Commercial with a financial drive
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and service delivery
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent
- City & Guilds 7061 or NVQ Level 2 in Catering for the Hospitality Industry
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a background check.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary of 26,000 per annum, subsidised lunches and free on-site parking.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.