Front of House Assistant (Barista / Waiter)
- London, EC2Y 5AU
- Front of House Assistant (Barista / Waiter)
Your key responsibilities as the Front of House Assistant will consist of:
• Ensure that all policies, procedural requirements and legislation of both client and company are adhered to.
• To be able to greet every customers in a professional and polite way.
• To ensure all customers are served in a friendly and efficient manner.
• To maintain the highest standards of service and cleanliness and make sure that the food safety and health & safety guidelines are followed at all time.
• To be able to prepare and serve hot beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as instructed.
• Ensure timely attendance and to work overtime provided reasonable notice is given.
• To restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed at any time during the day.
• Have an excellent knowledge of the food and beverages menus.
• Ensure high standards of personal hygiene and attitude.
• To carry out any other reasonable request made by a member of Management.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Front of House Assistant include:
• The highest standard of customer care is used at all times
• Greet all customers with a genuine willingness to help
• Ensure smooth and timely service experience to all customers
• Deal with customers in a friendly, warm, courteous, and professional way at all times
• To be able to take, process and delivery food/drinks orders
• Have an excellent understanding of food and drinks menus
• Maintain the presentation of restaurant, counters and merchandise
• Ensure attractive presentation of food and beverage throughout the whole service
• Ensure that quality of food and beverages are provided consistently to all customers
• Ensure all counters, fridges and sitting area are set up prior to service time
• Ensure constant replenishment of counters, fridges, display and surrounding area throughout service
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
• Ensure the coffee bar area is clean and tidy at all times
• Prepares and sells hot beverage by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques
• Preparing and sell alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques
• Report any damages or faulty appliances to the management team
• Ensure all accidents and faulty equipment is reported to a member of the management team
• To be able to complete all training sessions on time as requested
• Ensure all comments and complaints are passed on immediately to the Management team
• To carry out weekly stock takes and equipment stock take.
• To assist with the development of company and self to ensure continuous pro-active progression
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2) and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 109,000 employees and 23,500 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work.
Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.