Food Service Assistant
- Cambridgeshire CB10 1RQ
- Food Service Assistant
With up to 2500 daily customers on site this is a busy site that demands exemplary service standards.
Summary of Role
Our Food Service Assistant is responsible for greeting and serving customers in a professional, warm, friendly and genuine manner. Also responsible for preparing and serving a range of beverages and foods in line with client requirements and Elior UK standards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Food Service Assistant for Elior you will be expected to:
• Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
• Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
• Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
• Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
• Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times
As Food Service Assistant we look for:
• Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
• Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures and operating procedures and rules
• Ability to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain professional image at all times
• Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion
£9.00 per hour.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.