- Manchester, M1
- Financial Controller
As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
Key Operational Accountabilities
• Business partnering with the on site operations team
• Consistent weekly reporting sales, gross profit, labour, and overheads for each contract
• Insights on high/low margin products & recommendation to improve profitability
• Focus around purchasing compliance, and identifying opportunities to improve profitability (switch & saves of products/suppliers etc)
• Assess overall finance compliance (cash control, till readings vs. insight etc) and provide recommendations for improvements
• Provide decision support to initiatives and projects supporting delivery of targets through insightful analysis and idea generation
• Providing interpretation and challenge to current & future trading plans
• Prepare the financial planning and budgeting process within timescales
• Support colleagues across the business in developing financial awareness
• Client reports prepared with month financial performance
• Some travel required to sites mainly within Greater Manchester
Key Working Relationships
• On site operations team
• On site finance managers
• Senior operations and group manager for stadia business
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Financial Controller include:
• Strong analytical capabilities coupled with successful business partnering
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative, effectively prioritise and manage workload, meeting tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills with people at all levels in the organisation
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills – including pivot tables, formulae, lookup tables, 'if' statements & comfortable with multi-workbook reporting
As part of our package, the position comes with a salary of up to £40,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
This role also comes with 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays, life assurance, a company car (including paid travel expenses), and a bonus based on the achievement of business objectives.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.