- Finance Manager
This is a new, largely field based role, and therefore we will be accepting applications from any candidates located within the Central Belt of Scotland. Currently we provide the catering services at twenty sites, which this role will be financially responsible for. The sites themselves are located within Edinburgh, Rosyth, Crieff, Largs, Prestwick, but the majority are found within Glasgow and the Greater Glasgow area.
The primary functions of this new role will be to analyse financial data, help drive improvement on financial performance and install controls and company procedures within sites in this region. This position will report directly into the Financial Controller for Scotland on financial matters, and into the Group Manager for Central and West Scotland on operational issues.
As Finance Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
• Report weekly financial updates to the Financial Controller for all sites.
• Ensure all sites are following company procedure for processing financial data.
• Gather and analyse data to help the Group Manager drive financial improvement.
• Assist and train individual site managers on the processing of daily sales, processing invoices for payment and conducting weekly stock takes.
• Manage the debt ledger to help ensure cash flow within the business.
• Maintain client relationships and produce necessary financial reports.
• Assist the Financial Controller with any other required tasks as and when relevant.
As Finance Manager we look for the following:
• An undergraduate degree in either Finance or Business, or any other relevant financial qualifications.
• Sound financial knowledge, with a minimum of two years' experience of managing P&L accounts.
• A sound understanding of the contract catering business is essential.
• Strong communication skills.
• Very high level of attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
• Willingness to help assist and train colleagues on financial procedures.
• Ability to make own decisions and think independently.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines.
• Must hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
• Must have access to their own vehicle (as this is a field based role).
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
The job comes with access to a company phone, laptop and travel expenses with be reimbursed.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.