- Peterborough, PE28 5TQ
- Executive Chef
The Chef Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and catering team and ensuring the delivery of culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team of six you will ensure delivery of innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets. To achieve these objectives, you will be required to establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
You will also have responsibility for an on-site coffee shop.
Post is subject to an enhanced DBS
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Proactive management of catering team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the ''Elior eXperience'' are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Accountable for innovative menu planning as well as design of food service within specified budgets ensuring a high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
As a Chef Manager for Elior we look for …
• A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
• A performance driven leadership approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressured environment through inspirational leadership.
• Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
• Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of flexibility, adaptability and challenging the norm.
• A background in Education catering would be an advantage
Experience and Qualifications
As a Chef Manager we look for …
• City and Guilds 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
• Experience in a similar role
• Proven leadership
• Ability to actively demonstrate culinary skills
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £27,000 per annum
This role also comes with a workplace pension
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.