- Events Manager
Our client is a cosmopolitan university which is home to approximately 20,000 students. The university offers state of the art facilities across campus and have recently spend 50M updating its campus to compete on the international stage. They also have 3 venues that offer catering facilities for up to 80 delegates that are fully equipped to host a vast range of different gatherings. The facilities are open from 09.00am to 18.00pm, Monday to Friday offering users convenience and comfort to ensure the most enjoyable user experience.
Your key responsibilities as the Event Manager will consist of:
- Supporting the event sales team in responding appropriately to incoming enquiries in order to convert these into confirmed business opportunities.
- Conducting site show rounds
- Liaise with external suppliers, prepare quotes, contracts and event proposals for events of all types, including internal and external
- Produce event detailed planners (including catering, cost, invoicing details, itinerary, room set up, entertainment, AV etc.)
- Conducting menu tasting while planning the event with the client
- Managing an operation team of 3 staff.
- Develop events from proposal right up to delivery, including set, communicate and maintain project timelines and priorities
- Support the operational team with the execution and delivery of all events to ensure they are delivered in line with the proposal and client expectations.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Event Manager include:
- Experience as an event manager
- Skilled in project management and event planner
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer service orientation
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of up to £35000. You will also receive a 28 days holidays, including bank holidays, pension and other amazing company discounts.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.