- Glasgow, G61 3NN
- Events Manager
Your key responsibilities as the Events Manager will be taking day to day responsibility for weddings, events and meetings booked into the venues, liaising with the event organisers to ensure that they run smoothly and to the guests' satisfaction. You will be required to develop your team to deliver a first-class consistent service to all of our events.
Specific responsibilities of the role include-
- You will be responsible for the smooth running of weddings and events within the venues
- Conduct staff briefings concerning food, beverage, events, special requirements etc
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- Responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of the department both front and back of house
- Maintain a regular visible presence and circulate freely during service periods to invite comments, resolve and situations as they arise
- Liaising with external suppliers and ensuring orders are placed in a timely manner
- Cellar management duties
- Conducting site visits in the absence of the Sales Manager
- Supporting events at other sites within the group if required
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Hospitality and Event Manager include:
- Experience as an event or banqueting manager ( 2 years minimum within the wedding and events industry)
- Experience of running functions of 200+ and be able to switch between styles of service to suit the particular venue.
- Skilled in project and event management
- A flexible and can-do attitude as well as, outstanding organisational skills will be a must
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer service orientation
- Experience in training hospitality and event teams to the highest standards
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Access to your own vehicle is essential as travel between sites will be required
As part of your package, we are offering a competitive salary up to £28,000 per annum plus expenses.
Shifts will be 5 days over 7 , primarily day time shifts but evening and weekend work will be part of the role.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.