Event Sales Manager
- Manchester M4 3BG
- Event Sales Manager
To ensure sustained growth of meeting and event turnover through proactive sales and efficient management of the meeting and events sales team to grow the site's C&E revenue.
Strong knowledge of the meeting and event sector is a must with established links and networks within Manchester.
The role is measured on the delivery of key performance indicators and adherence to the site operational budget.
• Proactively manage the annual site meeting and event sales budget and business plan,
meet's, and achieve challenging sales targets and exceed industry standards.
• Ensures offers and initiatives are implemented to deliver growth, profitability and continuous improvement through all channels.
• Leads in the creation of the meeting and event business plan, along with encouraging the sales team to contribute.
• Coordinates site sales activities as listed (but not limited to) below:
o Annually produce and implement a strategic meeting and event business plan.
o Quarterly create a rolling marketing communications plan that is in agreement with the client's Marketing Department.
o Every six months analyse data and present a sales strategy update.
o Produce a month end report with in depth detail of past month sales performance, including conversion, business mix, and lost business.
o Provide an accurate twelve-month sales forecast every week, to monitor business on the books and where necessary, to achieve budget, implement a short term action plan.
o Weekly produce accurate summaries for accounts, including year on year growth percentage.
o Grow, manage, and sustain all key accounts through the support of the National Sales Manager, with account plans for each.
o Grow, manage, and maintain all resellers and agents, through the assistance of the National Sales Manager, with account plans for each.
o Implements the company's sales standards and procedures and actively monitor to ensure all set criteria are met, as per the Service Level Agreement (SLA). Evolve and develop said SLA.
• Liaise and work closely with the client's marketing department to ensure the creation of branded marketing as per brand guidelines.
• Display solid knowledge of the meeting and event industry and produce and share industry intelligence as required to influence and develop the strategic direction of the offer.
• Think creatively and generate new ideas, to grow the business and enhance revenue and profitability for the unit in future years.
• Analyse conversion of business to quickly identify growth/loss, implement actions where necessary.
As Conference and Events Sales Co-ordinator, we look for the following:
· Minimum of 2 year's experience in a similar role
· Building relationships to encourage loyalty from clients
· Communication skill and presentation skills at all levels
£30,000 plus Bonus
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offers a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions, and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.