- Stockport, SK5
- Cook Supervisor
Cook Supervisor – Primary School
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Cook Supervisor for a primary school site within our education business. We are looking for a strong, commercially minded Cook Supervisor with excellent knowledge of the education sector. Working under the guidance of an Area Manager the role will be ideal for someone who is passionate about cooking and providing lunches for children.
Summary of Role
As Cook Supervisor you will be responsible for motivating your team to deliver an excellent service to school by following recipes and services standards. Managing your team to perform to the best of their abilities at all time. Ensuring Food Safety and Health and Safety compliance within the kitchen. Engaging with school client and pupils to develop an all-round excellent dining experience.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Supervisor for Taylor Shaw you will be expected:
• Proactive management of team for area of responsibility. Responsible for providing ongoing support, training and development for the team.
• To manage and support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Attending training courses as required or completing online training.
• Excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste
• Self-motivated individual who can work well unsupervised
• Excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team
• Understanding of School Food Trust Guidelines on Nutrition
• Be a great communicator in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike
• Demonstrate a can-do attitude
£9.50 - £10 per hour negotiable depending on experience
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.